Welcome to the website of the Tenants and Residents Association of the Maiden Lane Estate. This site is designed, built and updated entirely by people living on the Estate and we are constantly adding information and images.
We are your COMMITTEE MEMBERS, we are residents like you on Maiden Lane Estate and we would love it if you would join us: People MAKE Maiden Lane and we are trying our best to make Camden Council accountable during the disruptive and confusing regeneration.
The TRA is busy representing residents in various ways – from keeping the council on its toes in terms of repairs; improving the green spaces, organising events: Easter Egg Hunt, Fireworks Night, managing Allensbury Place, raising concerns with the Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- We are all sharing Chairing
- Farrah Lalloo is our official Chair
- Deirdre McEvoy is our Secretary
- Dylan Haughton is our Treasurer
- Joanna Hill is our Room Manager, for Allensbury Residents Room.
- Other elected members are: Pauline, Tonia, Tracy, Nerie, Valerie, Teresa and John.
- We need more members, join us!
The TRA can be contacted at: email@example.com
The Leaseholders association can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how to bid for the new homes (York Way side) under Local Lettings Allocations please see this document: Briefing for Maiden Lane TRA
Maiden Lane Community centre are currently in receipt of Section 106 funding for Maiden Lane Estate residents. Tell them how you want the money spent by filling in this online questionnare: http://www.maidenlanecommunitycentre.org/survey.html
What is section 106 funding? Under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended, contributions can be sought from developers towards the costs of providing community and social infrastructure, the need for which has arisen as a result of a new development taking place. This funding is commonly known as ‘Section 106‘.
One aim of this website will be to pull in all the different parts that make up Maiden Lane Estate: from the TRA to the onsite Estate Office, Gardening, Community Centre not forgetting SISK who are are managing the development of the new buildings.
Latest News from your TRA:
- Rubbish along York Way near Pub
- Communal Lighting – an ongoing issue!
- Can we please have some signage on our Estate? Please sir
- Bus stop to reopen this weekend! 25th/26th March – Camden assures!
- Christmas lunch for our neighbours
- How is Section 106 funding being spent?
- Anybody want a Rocket Composting machine for FREE???
- Food waste bins still AWOL
- Photography exhibition goes ahead despite Camden inability to stop leak in Residents Room
- Walkabout Update re XY development disruptions from Andrew Wilson