Welcome to the website of the Tenants and Residents Association of the Maiden Lane Estate. This site is designed, built and updated entirely by people living on the Estate and we are constantly adding information and images.
Next meeting dates:
- Leaseholders meeting with Camden Council – Wednesday 22nd of June at the Allensbury Residents Room, 7pm.
- Local lettings drop-in session will take place on 29th June from 4pm-7pm at the Maiden Lane Estate office. Please come along if you would like help to complete an online application or update your details – SPREAD THE WORD TO YOUR NEIGHBOURS WHO NEED HELP COMPLETING APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEW BUILDS.
We are your COMMITTEE MEMBERS, we are residents like you on Maiden Lane Estate and we would love it if you would join us: People MAKE Maiden Lane and we are trying our best to make Camden Council accountable during the disruptive and confusing regeneration.
The TRA is busy representing residents in various ways – from keeping the council on its toes in terms of repairs; improving the green spaces, organising events: Easter Egg Hunt, Fireworks Night, managing Allensbury Place, raising concerns with the Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- We are all sharing Chairing
- Farrah Lalloo is our official Chair
- Deirdre McEvoy is our Secretary
- Dylan Haughton is our Treasurer
- Joanna Hill is our Room Manager, for Allensbury Residents Room.
- Other elected members are: Tonia, Tracy, Nerie, Valerie, Teresa and John.
- Other volunteer members are: Pauline and Alana.
The TRA can be contacted at: email@example.com
The Leaseholders association can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how to bid for the new homes (York Way side) under Local Lettings Allocations please see this document: Briefing for Maiden Lane TRA
Maiden Lane Community centre are currently in receipt of Section 106 funding for Maiden Lane Estate residents. Tell them how you want the money spent by filling in this online questionnare: http://www.maidenlanecommunitycentre.org/survey.html
What is section 106 funding? Under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended, contributions can be sought from developers towards the costs of providing community and social infrastructure, the need for which has arisen as a result of a new development taking place. This funding is commonly known as ‘Section 106‘.
One aim of this website will be to pull in all the different parts that make up Maiden Lane Estate: from the TRA to the onsite Estate Office, Gardening, Community Centre not forgetting SISK who are are managing the development of the new buildings.
Latest News from your TRA:
- Restart Party Maiden Lane Fix your misbehaving electronics!
- Lack of access meeting notes with Camden and Sisk to Allensbury and Broadfield
- Head of Tenancy Services report on Maiden Lane and our response
- Camden Council told it is ‘in denial’ about problems with flagship Maiden Lane estate regeneration project
- 16 trees felled illegally on Maiden Lane Estate – Not included in planning drawings
- Darren Denham promises to remind workers to keep the noise down at 7.30am!
- Estate office asks Sisk to enforce no parking in residential spaces on Broadfield
- 03.05.16 Leaseholder AGM Meeting notes
- New Build and local lettings update
- Complaint resolved: Car damaged by scaffolding
See what’s happening on our Estate: